2013 Empowering Volunteers Conference
- June 8, 2013
- Castellani Art Museum
- Conference Brochure
Border Community SERVICE of Niagara University will host a free Citizen and Community Preparedness Conference at Niagara University on Saturday, June 8, 2013. Registration will take place in the Castellani Art Museum, beginning at 8:30 am – 9:00 am with our keynote speaker address to begin at 9:00 am. At this time, our keynote speaker is to be announced.
The empowering volunteers’ conference is designed to provide training opportunities and workshops detailing ‘best practices’ in citizen and community preparedness initiatives. This year’s presentations include:
- Disability Awareness Training for First Responders – presenter: Dave Whalen
- Preparing for Today’s Threat – presenter: Dennis Carson
- Active Shooter Awareness – presenters: Frank McNamara and Brent Costello
- Nursing and Disasters: From preparedness to response – presenter: Joann Sands
- Introduction to Border Patrol – presenter: Christopher Griffiths
- Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coordination of Organizations and Services – presenter: Nicole Gerber
The mission of Border Community SERVICE (Special Emergency Response Volunteer Initiative for Community Empowerment) of Niagara University is to provide emergency preparedness training to citizens and to encourage their participation in opportunities that enhance regional emergency readiness.
Lunch will be provided compliments of BCS and a raffle drawing of various preparedness items will take place at the conclusion of the conference.