2016 International Student Orientation
Welcome to Niagara University! The Office of International Relations hosts an International Student Orientation in order to help you make a smooth transition to Niagara and the United States. This program will help you understand the resources available to assist you and introduce you to people who are always willing to help you be successful.
Schedule of Events
Fall 2016 Orientation (Details will be sent to students' emails)
- Tuesday, Aug. 30 - International Student Arrival & Check-in
Please try to arrive between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Students arriving after 5 p.m. need to check in with Campus Safety to get into their residence hall.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31 - Health Assessment/ID Card/Maid of The Mist tour
- Thursday, Sept. 1 - English Language Assessment/Advisement & Late Registration
- Thursday, Sept. 1 - Graduate Student Orientation (early evening)
- Friday, Sept. 2 - International Student Orientation
- Saturday, Sept. 3 - MBA/MSF classes begin
- Monday, Sept. 5 - Labor Day (Office Closed/No Classes)
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 - Classes begin
If you would like us to arrange airport pick-up, please email Rhonda Shiah with your flight itinerary. We have linens available for loan for the first week, until you’re able to purchase your bedding and towels. In anticipation of your arrival to campus, you are encouraged to “Like” Niagara University International Students on Facebook. You are also encouraged to join the NU International Students Fall 2016 Facebook group. It is a great place to meet peer mentors and other new international students and ask questions about your upcoming NU college experience.
What Can I Expect at the Orientation?
- Meet current students who are peer mentors who will help you learn about life at Niagara University.
- Learn about policies, activities, expectations and supports available on campus.
- Campus tour and tour of the area