Anna McNab, Ph.D., presenting on Big Data at our Purchasing and Supply Management seminar.
Specifically, the center's objectives are to:
- Provide continuing education programs and courses in supply chain related fields, especially logistics, transportation and global trade.
- Serve as a regional logistics and SCM resource and information center.
- Meet the demand for SCM professionals by increasing the number and quality of undergraduate students completing the Niagara University College of Business SCM program.
- Our graduating logistics students have been hired into important local businesses such as Delphi, Kodak, Rich Products, ROAR Logistics and Praxair, as well as national firms such as J.B. Hunt, Target Distribution and C.H. Robinson. Numerous internship opportunities and work experiences at Delphi, various custom brokers, Auto Distributors of Buffalo, LTL carriers, Ingram-Micro, Rich Products, Allied Frozen, Bluelinx and others have been coordinated.
- Center pays for travel and registration fees for students to attend local professional meetings.
- Arranges speakers and site visits.
- Annually funds an NU student to attend National CLM/CSCMP Conference (six years).
- Annually supports a student team to attend the logistics challenge in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Pays registration fees for students to attend our annual conference in the fall. Typically, 15 students are able to network with local SCM professionals.