ASL Club & Activities
We encourage students to join the ASL club to get connected with other students, practice ASL, and to learn about all the activities available on campus.
ASL Social Hours
All are invited to the ASL social hours, sponsored by the academic branch of the NU ASL and Deaf Studies program!
Sign up sheets are posted on the door of the ASL office, Dunleavy 358.
- Sept. 30 - 2:30-3:30 p.m. - Social Hour, Gallagher Multi-Purpose Room
- Oct. 22 - 3:45-4:45 p.m. - Social Hour, Gallagher Multi-Purpose Room
- Oct. 25 - 10-11:30 a.m. - Silent Shopping at the Outlet Mall
- Nov. 21 - 7-8 p.m. - Social Hour, Gallagher Multi-Purpose Room
- TBA: Silent Bowling
*Reminder: ALL ASL students MUST have a Silent Hour as part of their Deaf Experience requirement
Awareness Week (Annual Events)
September 22-28, 2013
- Sept. 22: Kickoff Event at the Walden Galleria (near the Apple Store). WNY Community Wide Celebration!
- Sept. 23-25: NU ASL Club Fundraiser, "I love you hand" suckers, Gally
- Sept. 23-25: DAS (Deaf Access Services) fundraiser "Bring a Buck, Take a Duck", Gally
- Sept. 26: Deaf Speaker Series: Meet Louis Long, Deaf Wrestler, 7 p.m., Dunleavy 127
- Sept. 27: NU ASL Signing Zone, Learn a Little Sign Language, 12:30-1 p.m., Gally