Auditions - NEW
2013 — 2014 B.F.A. Auditions & Interviews
For prospective and transfer students seeking entry into the BFA Performance or BFA Design/Technology programs for the 2014-2015 academic year, applicants are required to audition (Performance) and/or present a portfolio review (Design/Technology).
At this time, our BFA auditions and interview dates have passed. However, we will be accepting video auditions and requests for portfolio reviews through the remainder of the year.
Performance Applicant Requirements
- Monologue: One-minute monologue of your choice from a play, prepared and memorized. Not to exceed 2 minutes.
- Vocal: 32-64 bars preferably from a musical (no opera, please). An accompanist will be provided. Please bring your sheet music. Singing a cappella or with a taped accompaniment will not be permitted.
- Movement (Optional): Applicants may include a movement portion to their audition video. This may include a featured dance solo from a previous musical or recital.
All applicants for the B.F.A. Performance program are required to submit a current headshot or photo and resume.
Video Auditions may be submitted the following ways.
DVD - sent to Adriano Gatto, Niagara University Theatre, 11 Vincentian Drive, Unit 1913, Niagara University, NY 14109.
ONLINE - the audition files may be emailed directly to email@example.com. Students may also post the audition on YouTube and email the link to the email address above.
Design/Technology Applicant Requirements
Each applicant for the design/technology program will meet with the design faculty for 30 minutes to present a prepared portfolio. Additionally, applicants should be prepared to discuss their theatre experience, career aspirations and expectations at NU.
The portfolio should include a maximum of 15 samples that primarily reflect the applicant’s technical theatre production experience. Some examples of materials that might be included are:
- Resume of applicant’s theatre production experience.
- Production photographs that showcase applicant’s work (sets, costumes, props, lighting, etc.).
- Technical drawings of elements designed by the applicant (sets, costumes, props, light plots, etc.).
- Audio samples and documentation of sound designed by the applicant.
- Stage manager prompt book generated by the applicant.
- Additional theatre paperwork generated by the applicant such as run crew notes, prop lists, sound cue lists, etc.
- Photographs or examples of applicant’s artwork.
- Letters of recommendation
All applicants for the B.F.A. design/technology program are required to submit a resume and letters of recommendation.
* At this time, we have notified those students who were selected as recipients of the NU theatre scholarships.
For more information, please contact Adriano Gatto, artist-in-residence, at 716.286.8481 or firstname.lastname@example.org.