Seminar: Transportation and Traffic Management
- May 14, 2013
- 8:30am — 3:30pm
- Niagara University
- Sponsored by Niagara Center for Supply Chain Excellence
- Registration Form
The largest cost element in supply chain logistics is freight transportation. As costs rise, it becomes more important to understand the fundamentals of freight transportation markets and how corporate traffic management can be managed for greater efficiency. Therefore, this course will focus on:
- An overview of freight transportation: Trucking, Rail, Water, Air, and Intermodal.
- Reviewing basic freight rate terms, documentation, structures and trends. (How are freight charges determined)?
- Understanding current issues in transportation markets--fuel surcharges, driver shortage, and industry economics.
- Learning about traffic management strategies to reduce costs, including consolidation, modal options, negotiation, etc.
( ) $299 per session (Only $275 before December 7, 2012)
( ) $549 for any 2 sessions (Only $499 before December 7, 2012)
( ) $699 for any 3 sessions (Only $649 before December 7, 2012)
( ) $1100 for all 5 sessions* (Only $999 before December 7, 2012)
Note: All seminars will be held on the campus of Niagara University from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included. Take all five courses and receive a "36-Hour Certificate" plaque in SCM.
To register, call 716.286.8173.