Dr. Shawn Daly, P.E.
Dean, College of Business Administration and Professor of Marketing
- Office Location:
- Bisgrove Hall, Room 177
Dr. Daly brings to Niagara University a real world business perspective. His past employment includes R&D engineering with a multinational chemical firm and marketing management of a laboratory instrument manufacturer. Latin America and Europe was his primary focus of business travel and negotiation experience.
The winner of two Fulbright scholarships, Dr. Daly has lectured extensively on medical tourism, business-to-business marketing, and business education. These engagements have covered much of Europe and Asia, including China, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Romania, and Finland. Two universities selected Dr. Daly for their awards of teaching distinction. He has published and presented over fifty papers; including one of the most commonly cited articles in the Journal of Marketing Education. Dr. Daly was elected national Vice-Chair of the Teaching Special Interest Group of the American Marketing Association.
Before assuming his new role at Niagara University, Dr. Daly was Dean of the Business School at Tiffin University (Tiffin, OH), then at the University of the Incarnate Word (San Antonio, TX). His other teaching experience includes time at both Villanova University and Temple University in Philadelphia, PA.
Follow him on twitter!
- MKG 201 Principles of Marketing
- MKG 311 Market Research
- MKG 325 Global Marketing
- MKG 633 Marketing Engineering
- MKG 634 Global Marketing
- Wang Chang, Zhou Deng, and Shawn Daly. A Review of New Progress of CSR Research and Its Enlightenment. East China Economic Management, 2012, Volume 3.
- Daly, S.P., “Corporate Social Responsibility: A Pragmatic Framework Approach,” COMBI 2010, Contemporary Views on Business: Partnering for the Future, Vantaa, Finland, October 2010.
- Daly, S.P., “Medical Tourism Service Delivery Systems: Developing Networks in a New Industry,” COMBI 2010, Contemporary Views on Business: Partnering for the Future, Vantaa, Finland, October 2010.
- Daly, S.P., “Medical Tourism Facilitators: Key Intermediaries in a Huge, Hidden Industry,” AMA Services Marketing SIG, Porto, Portugal, June 2010.
- Daly, S.P., “Understanding Consumer Behavior in Cross-Border Medical Services,” Global Healthcare Conference, Seoul, Korea, April 2009.
Dr. Daly presently serves on the Editorial Board of the world’s premier business-to-business academic journal, Industrial Marketing Management. His community service roles have included serving on the Boards of the Alamo Heights (TX) Chamber of Commerce, the United San Antonio Federal Credit Union (TX), the Ohio Learning Network, and the Seneca Area Career System (OH). Dr. Daly also led two bond levy campaigns in support of public education (OH) as Chair of the Steering Committee.
- Ph.D. in International Business, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- M.Ed. in Religious Education, Loyola University, New Orleans, LA USA
- M.B.A., Villanova University, Villanova, PA, USA
- B.S. & M.Eng. in Chemical Engineering, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA