Campus Apartment Information
Basic Apartment Facts for 2011-2012
- Six buildings, each with 32-resident capacity (two floors with four-person apartments)
- Each apartment is 1,318 square feet, with bedrooms measuring 150 square feet (including closet and vanity area).
- All biuldings are coed with single gender apartments available.
- Each building is assigned a community advisor.
- Apartment residents are expected to abide by all policies and regulations set forth in the Student Handbook. Visitation hours and guest passes, however, are not in effect.
Furnishings and Features
- Living/dining area, full kitchen, two bathrooms with shower units, four single bedrooms with vanities, hallway storage and coat closets
- Climate control in each apartment for heat and air conditioning; the range will be 68-74 degrees and 74-80 degrees, respectively
- Cable television, telephone and computer outlets in each bedroom and cable TV access in living room
- Private phone number for each bedroom
- Furnishings include: Bedroom (uncarpeted): extra-long single bed, desk and chair, two-drawer file cabinet, closet storage unit; Living Room (carpeted): sofa, chair, coffee table, end table and TV stand; and Kitchen (tiled): full refrigerator, oven and stove top, microwave, dishwasher, dining bar with stools and cabinets
- A laundry room on each floor
- Security features include a closed-circuit television on the ground floor of each building; alarmed ground floor doors; card access for exterior and apartment doors; key access to bedroom doors; an intercom system connecting the entrance door to a phone handset in each apartment; and an emergency blue light phone centrally located in the apartment complex
- Parking adjacent to all buildings (apartment residents will be assigned a special decal)
- Although there is no board plan requirement, the following commuter meal plans will be available: 30 meals/semester with a $200 declining balance; 60 meals/semester with a $200 declining balance; 100 meals/semester with a $250 declining balance; 60 meals/semester with a $400 declining balance; and the Eagle Club.
- Outdoor bicycle racks (bikes are not permitted in apartments).
Campus Apartment Bathrooms
- Each four-bedroom apartment has two bathrooms shared by four people.
- Cleaning of the bathrooms is the responsibility of the residents. Shower curtains are provided in all bathrooms.
- $9,000 per person per academic year (2011-2012). Costs include all utilities, including cable television access, local phone service and computer access and free laundry.
- Only current, registered NU students who are sophomores, juniors, seniors, or graduate students may apply during the apartment selection process.