To build a learning community of faculty who are committed to exploring, developing, and implementing active learning/teaching strategies into their courses by
- Organizing faculty-led workshops and discussion groups about teaching and learning;
- Providing opportunities for full-time and part-time faculty to share ideas and to support one another's efforts to use and to assess the effectiveness of active teaching/learning strategies in their courses;
- Identifying, describing, and promoting active and integrative learning
- Organizing an annual campus-based conference on teaching and learning;
- Coordinating the awarding of CCTL grants.
CCTL works closely with and is supported by the Center for Instructional Support, which provides administrative assistance to help CCTL flourish in its mission to promote active and integrative learning at Niagara University