Classes and Programs
Advanced Placement Summer Institute 2014
- June 30 - July 3; 8:30am-4:30pm : Monday-Thursday
- Niagara University campus
June 30 - July 3
- Calculus AB
- Government & Politics - US
- Physics I (redesigned for new curriculum)
- US History (redesigned for new curriculum)
The Advanced Placement Summer Institute (APSI) will offer intensive courses that will provide in-depth preparation for teaching AP subject matter. It will also serve as a forum for exchanging ideas and information about the course and examination. Participants will have the opportunity to design or modify a course outline and curriculum that is organized around selected topics and concepts. Teachers should check with their school district in regards to registering these hours for professional development service.
- 30 hours of Advanced Placement consultant training
- College Board® manuals, reviewable exams and great networking
- Consultant materials and best practices
- Hands-on learning; active learning
- Daily light breakfast and lunch is provided
- Special events such as opening reception and our famous Italian lunch
- The College Board is also offering full tuition for current Physics 1, Physics 2, and U.S. History teachers to attend an AP Summer Institute.
- Teachers must register themselves through Niagara University and indicate scholarship on the form.
- A letter of commitment must be signed and returned to the College Board no later than April 15th, 2014. Click here for the letter of commitment.
- $895 — Includes all books, materials and daily breakfast and lunch; housing is additional and see registration form