Continuing Legal Education
Hodgson Russ LLP and Niagara University CLE present
Media Management for Lawyers: What every Attorney Should Know about Dealing with the Press
Friday, Oct. 3, 2014
$95 (4.0 CLE credits. 1.0 in Ethics)
A blockbuster panel includes:
- Maryalice Demler, Channel 2 WGRZ-TV News anchor
- Carolyn Thompson, The Associated Press lead Buffalo correspondent
- Rick Pfeiffer, Niagara Gazette investigative reporter
- Michael Petro, Buffalo Law Journal editor
- John J. Christopher, Esq., Hodgson Russ LLP partner
- Barry N. Covert, Esq., Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria LLP senior partner
- Ryan Thompson, Esq., Niagara University Assistant General Counsel
Whether it’s knowing when to pick up the phone and call a press conference, or repeat “No Comment” into the microphone, attorneys need to know how to deal with the media.
It’s about fine timing, clever quotes and premeditated PR. It’s about making the news when you want to, and still looking good even when you don’t. The public is watching, and every one of them is a potential client.
From learning how to draft press releases to generating useable quotes, while also taking ethical rules into consideration, attorneys will be treated to an insider’s look into the ever-changing world of today’s media.
Call us to register at 716.286.8181 or online.
If you would like to get on our mailing list please request information or call us at 716.286.8181. If you are interested in teaching CLEs, please send a resume and course proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.