Communication Studies Careers
"What can I do with this major?"
- Communication Studies
- Broadcasting/Electronic Media
- Public Relations
- Get Involved: Niagara has a great many opportunities to get involved and build skills through our television studio, radio etc.
- Internships & Co-ops: Internships and co-ops can give communication students an edge in the job market. Talk to your faculty, visit Career Services, or explore the Arts & Sciences site to learn more about internship and co-op opportunities.
- Connect with Alumni on Facebook: Connect with alumni through the Niagara University Department of Communication Studies Facebook page.
The following faculty, alumni, and staff have volunteered to speak with students about possible careers. To volunteer or update your contact information, Contact Us.
- Facebook Site
- Jessica Biegaj (Alumna) - email@example.com
Community Relations Associate for Programming, University at Buffalo
Campaign Coordinator, UB Employees Campaign for the Community
- Ed Buttaccio (Employer) - firstname.lastname@example.org
News Director at YNN Rochester
- Fred Heuer (Alumnus/Staff) - email@example.com
Annual Appeal Parish Division Coordinator, Catholic Charities of Buffalo, NY
Former Assistant Vice President for Marketing, Niagara University
- Lisa McMahon (Staff) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director for Publications, Niagara University
Experienced newspaper reporter, feature writer, editor, and graphic designer
- Ted Ritter (Alumnus) - TRitter@njtpa.org
Principal Planner: External Affairs, North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority
Freelance Writing & Journalism
Master’s in Journalism and Public Affairs from American University’s School of Communications
- Geoffrey Reddick (Alumnus) - email@example.com
Reporter YNN Albany
- Brian Rock (Staff) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Multimedia Production Specialist, Niagara University
- Bryan Semski (Alumnus, 2007) - email@example.com
Assistant Director of Admissions, Niagara University
Studying Mental Health Counseling, Niagara University
- Michelle (Clements) Semski - (Alumna, 2008/2010) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Studied Interdisciplinary Studies: Student Affairs Focus, Niagara University
Academic Advisor, Bryant & Stratton College