Graduate Students

Information for the 2014-2015 School Year

Students enrolled in Niagara University’s graduate programs should apply for financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year (which begins with summer 2014 session) by submitting the 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Niagara University Financial Aid Application.

Because of federal verification requirements, we suggest students complete the FAFSA after they have submitted their federal tax returns for 2013. The new verification requirements require income to be verified either by using the IRS Data Retrieval Process at the time you are completing the FAFSA electronically, OR you will need to request from the IRS and submit a Federal IRS Tax Transcript to the Financial Aid Office. Using the IRS Data Retrieval Process at the time of filing your FAFSA will be the easiest and most efficient way to apply for federal aid for 2014-15.

Also, please note that effective July 1, 2012, due to federal legislation, graduate and professional students are no longer eligible to receive  subsidized  Federal Direct Loans.  The annual loan limit remains unchanged at $20,500, but this amount will now be limited to Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans.

The following forms are required in order to determine your financial aid eligibility for 2014-15. All forms are due April 15, 2014.

  1.  Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You should apply online at, preferably after you have completed your 2013 federal tax return and use the IRS Data Retrieval process when completing the FAFSA. If you have a PIN, you can electronically sign your FAFSA. If you need a PIN, apply online at
  2. Niagara University Application for Financial Aid. If you are a current student at Niagara, apply online at  WebAdvisor. If you are a new student, complete and mail the  Graduate Application  to Financial Aid Office, Niagara University, N.Y. 14109.
  3. IRS 2013 Tax Return Transcript (for students who are tax filers). Only required if tax filer(s) do not use IRS Data Retrieval process when submitting and/or updating FAFSA on the Web.  Click here  for information on the IRS Tax Return Transcript Request Process.

Under federal regulations, Financial Aid Offices can no longer accept signed copies of tax returns. Federal regulations require either submitting the IRS tax transcript or using the IRS Data Retrieval through FAFSA on the Web at

Click here  for more information on financial aid for graduate students. If you need any additional information or require assistance in completing the FAFSA, please feel free to  contact us.