Frequently Asked Questions

  1. What types of accomodations are available on campus? - Residence hall style rooms with double occupancy and limited single and triple occupancy. There is also an on-campus apartment complex and small Varsity Village houses.
  2. Are the accommodations air-conditioned? - The residence halls and Varsity Village houses do not have air conditioning. The apartments have individual climate control units.
  3. What does a typical residence hall room look like?  - Each room is furnished with two single beds, a filing cabinet, and two wardrobe units with hanging and drawer space.
  4. What items should an attendee consider bringing with them if staying overnight? - An alarm clock, toiletries, sandals to use in public restrooms, a small fan for warmer weather.
  5. Do we need to bring bed linens and towels? - No. All linens and towels are included in the room rate. The university will provide each guest with a set of linens, pillow and pillow case, blanket, if needed, towel, and washcloth.
  6. Will the rooms be cleaned every day? - Rooms are cleaned prior to check-in. All public areas are thoroughly cleaned every day and we also request that each guest place's garbage outside their room for disposal every morning.
  7. Are there laundry services available? - Yes, each housing option has laundry facilities that are free to use for all our guests.
  8. Are there any rooms that are handicap accessible? - Yes and in each housing option.
  9. Do any of the room sin the residence halls offer accommodations for three people? - Yes, there are a limited number of triple rooms.
  10. What type of security will be available on campus? - Campus safety is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  11. Is internet access available for attendees and is it free? - Yes, Wi-Fi is available at no charge throughout the campus. In-room internet access is also available through Ethernet ports.
  12. Is parking available at no cost? - Yes.
  13. Will the campus allow motor coach buses to park? - Yes. Motor coach buses have ample space to park at no cost.
  14. Will my organization need to provide a certificate of insurance? - Yes. Each group will be required to have a $1 million policy to hold an event on campus.
  15. Are there food and beverage services available on campus? - Yes. Niagara University's Sodexo Hospitality Services offer a wide variety of menu items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In addition, the Gallagher Center also offers specialty stations that serve sandwiches, pizza, chicken fingers, and much more.
  16. Are individuals allowed to use the athletic facilities? - All guests who are staying on campus are allowed to use the Kiernan Center. A $5.00 per day charge will apply per person.
  17. Can our group use the open green space on campus for recreation? - Yes. All open green space is free to use. Athletic fields need approval and additional charges may apply.
  18. Will I have to contact numerous departments during the planning of my event? - No. Simply contact the Center for Events & Management Development at 716-286-8705.
  19. Are the classrooms available to use for my conference or event? - Yes. Classrooms are available based upon the University's course schedule. Room rental rates are quoted based on the entire package.
  20. What is the largest meeting room the university can accommodate? - Our athletic facilities can accommodate up to 800 people. The largest room to hold a meeting is 200 people theatre style. As an option, the Power Vista is walking distance from campus and can accommodate up to 300 people, theatre style. The University also works with the Niagara Falls Conference Center for larger groups.


  • College of Hospitality and Tourism Management

  • AHLA

  • Leading Hotel Schools of the World

  • Rooms Chronicle


  • The National Statler Center for Careers in Hospitality Service

  • Niagara Tourism & Convention Corporation

  • Buffalo/Niagara Convention and Visitors Bureau