The purpose of the Office of Institutional Research is to provide data that supports Niagara's institutional planning, policy formation, decision-making and effectiveness. The office serves as the institution's primary source for data required for federal and state agencies as well as external surveys.
Institutional Research supports:
- Compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Analytical decision-making to support Niagara's mission and strategic plan.
- Dissemination of information regarding the university environment.
- Promoting Niagara's students, faculty, academic programs, and campus life through profile reports.
How do we do it?
- Standardizing data definitions and collection protocols.
- Overseeing the accuracy and validity of university data.
- Centralizing data collection.
- Synthesizing data from across campus.
- Generating federal and state regulatory reports.
- Providing information to external profiling agencies (e.g., U.S. News & World Report, Princeton Review).
- Producing internal reports for administration, faculty and staff.
- Providing current and timely reports to inform key decisions.