2014 International Student Orientation
Welcome to Niagara University! The Office of International Relations hosts an International Student Orientation in order to help you make a smooth transition to Niagara and the United States. This program will help you understand the resources available to assist you and introduce you to people who are always willing to help you be successful.
Schedule of Events
- Tuesday, August 26th - Arrival for Housing Check-In
If you arrive before 5:30pm you are invited to have dinner with the Community Assistants who work in the Residence Halls. If you arrive after 10pm, you should stop in at Campus Safety and they can let them into their hall.
- Wednesday, August 27th at 9am - Mandatory Health Screening
In the Multipurpose Room in the Lower Level Gallagher Center
- Wednesday, August 27th at 10am - English Language Assessment
Lunch will be provided after the assessment and we will conclude the day with a tour of the area and Maid of the Mist Boat ride in the afternoon with Peer Mentors.
- Thursday, August 28th at 9am — 2:30pm - Mandatory International Student Orientation
In the Lower Level Gallagher Center, MPR, which includes a campus tour.
* Graduate students should attend the International Orientation and join us for lunch and campus tour and then attend the Graduate Orientation to receive program specific information
What Can I Expect at the Orientation?
- Meet current students who are peer mentors who will help you learn about life at Niagara University.
- Learn about policies, activities, expectations and supports available on campus.
- Campus Tour