2017 International Student Orientation
Welcome to Niagara University! The Office of International Relations hosts an International Student Orientation in order to help you make a smooth transition to Niagara and the United States. This program will help you understand the resources available to assist you and introduce you to people who are always willing to help you be successful.
Schedule of Events
Spring 2017 Orientation (Details will be sent to students' emails)
- Wednesday, Jan. 11 - International Student Arrival & Check-in
Please try to arrive between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Students arriving after 5 p.m. need to check in with Campus Safety to get into their residence hall.
- Thursday, Jan. 12 - Health Assessment/ID Card, English Language Assessment/Advisement & Late Registration
- Friday, Jan. 13 - International Student Orientation
- Monday, Jan. 16 - Meal plan activates
- Tuesday, Jan. 17 - Classes start
- Monday, May 8 - End of semester
- Tuesday, May 9 - House closes
We can arrange to have a taxi service pick you up at the Buffalo/Niagara International Airport. The cost will be approximately $45 USD, plus tip, payable at the time of service. You will need to submit your flight details here so that we can arrange this service through ACT-1 Transportation. If your Visa allows and you choose to fly into Canada, you will arrive at the Toronto Pearson International Airport. Toronto Pearson International Airport is about 1 ½ hours from campus (depending on traffic and bridge backups). A shuttle from Toronto Pearson Airport is your responsibility and can be arranged upon your arrival at the airport by visiting the shuttle kiosk located in the airport.
We have linens available for loan for the first week, until you’re able to purchase your bedding and towels. In anticipation of your arrival to campus, you are encouraged to “Like” Niagara University International Students on Facebook. You are also encouraged to join the NU International Students Fall 2016 Facebook group. It is a great place to meet peer mentors and other new international students and ask questions about your upcoming NU college experience.
What Can I Expect at the Orientation?
- Meet current students who are peer mentors who will help you learn about life at Niagara University.
- Learn about policies, activities, expectations and supports available on campus.
- Campus tour and tour of the area
- Campus Map
- NU International Students Fall 2016 Facebook group
- Niagara University International Students Facebook page
- Welcome Booklet for International Students
If you have any question, please contact Rhonda Shiah, Assistant Director, International Relations Office at email@example.com