Dr. Christopher P. Wright
Assistant Professor of Management
- Office Location:
- Bisgrove Hall, Room 354E
- Office Hours:
- Fall 2013: Tues 12:30-5 and Wed 10:30-12
- Curriculum Vitae:
Dr. Wright joined the faculty in August 2009 before completing his Ph.D. in operations management from the Simon Graduate School of Business at the University of Rochester in August 2010. His dissertation, entitled Modeling and Analysis of Revenue Management Systems in Airline Alliances, establishes a framework for analyzing the revenue sharing process of airlines within an alliance that sell seats on each other's networks and then examines various exact and heuristic methods for determining the distribution of revenues. Prior to attending the Simon School, he worked as a project engineer for an engineer-to-order manufacturing company.
Focus of Teaching
- BUS 231 - Business Statistics II
- MGT 323 - Production and Quality Management
- MGT 611 - Advanced Quantitative Methods
- MGT 673 - Productions and Operations Management
His primary research focus is on the various applications of revenue management systems, including airlines, hotels and sports franchises. Other interests include supply chain security, extreme event management and applications of operations management to emergency services organizations. His work has appeared in a top tier journal, Transportation Science, and he has presented at several annual conferences of INFORMS, Revenue Management & Pricing, and Manufacturing and Service Operations Management.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University
- M.B.A. Concentration in Manufacturing and Service Operations Management
- M.S. Management Science Methods
- Ph.D. Operations Management, Simon Graduate School of Business, University of Rochester
Dr. Wright is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) and the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society.