Monthly "For Your Health" Topic
Cold and Flu Facts for November, December & January!
Tips to stay healthy!
- Open windows daily to allow for the exchange of fresh air.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Avoid kissing or hugging others while you are ill.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Eat a well-balanced diet and drink plenty of non-alcoholic, non-carbonated fluids.
- Don’t share drinks, eating utensils or toothbrushes!
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after use.
- If you are ill, stay home and limit your contact with others to prevent infecting them.
- Wipe down your high-touch areas frequently with Lysol or Clorox wipes.
- Wash your hands frequently with hot water and soap.
- When you cough or sneeze, do so into your sleeve - NOT your hands!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
Sources and Helpful Sites:
- Flu - CDC - Obtain up to date information on the transmission, prevention, early identification and treatment of influenza.
- Flu - Flu.gov - Obtain up to date information on the transmission, prevention, early identification and treatment of influenza.
For more information, stop into Student Health Services or call 716.286.8390