The End to an Amazing Start
May 3, 2012 by Brandon Sears
Well where do I begin with this last blog post…
My first year here at Niagara is over already and I feel like I just got to campus. It seems like just the other day I was saying goodbye to my parents in the parking lot and I was going on my own little way, slowly creating my own little home here on campus.
Attending school at Niagara has forever changed my life. There are so many people I have met, clubs I never thought I would participate in, and events I never thought I could ever help plan. But Niagara has given me the chance to prove myself.
- My new friends and family have given me the continuous support that any friend, cousin, nephew, brother or son could ever ask for. They have pushed me to give everything that I have to these new experiences that I have had here at Niagara.
- NUSGA: I have been given this awesome opportunity in NUSGA (Niagara University Student Government Association) as a senator for the class of 2015. Now I have been given an even bigger opportunity as I will be the president of the class of 2015. I can’t wait to start planning next year and making it even better than the already-successful year we've had this year.
- CMAA: The Club Managers Association of America has given me an awesome opportunity, by helping me get my first internship already as a freshmen. I'll be working at the Country Club of Buffalo, a platinum designated club, putting it among the top 100 country clubs in the U.S.
- Admissions: That Admissions Office has given me endless opportunities as a tour guide and as the student coordinator of the Niagara Nights program here on campus. I get to meet many new students and families and welcome them with open arms.
Tips for the class of 2016:
- Never give anything less than your best. You never know when an opportunity could arise that could affect your life one way or another.
- Keep your connections, no matter who they are with. I have met many people that I have a feeling will help one way or another in the future.
- Don’t ever be afraid to meet new people. By meeting new people, I have received opportunities that I may have never been able to get.
- I know many of you have heard this, BUT don’t ever be afraid to take the path less traveled.
- While here at Niagara, explore things you may not have when you were in high school. This is a fresh start for many, and this is that one chance you may need to make a difference in someone’s life.
- Study hard, but don’t forget to have fun when you're not. This campus is full of exciting events and clubs that many wish they could have.
I cannot imagine my freshman year of college going any better than it has this past year. As a new student on this beautiful, welcoming campus, one could not hope for your freshman year to go any smoother.
Next year can only be more adventurous, life altering and memorable. That is going to be very difficult but I can only imagine the things that we are going to be planning and taking part in.
Well, here is to many more successful years at Niagara. Happy travels!