Parents Fund

The Parents Fund is part of the university's annual giving program for parents of undergraduate students, as well as parents of students who have already graduated. Gifts through the Parents Fund help support university programs and initiatives that enhance the academic and social experience for every Niagara student in the classroom and beyond. These gifts are used by Niagara on a daily basis where the needs and opportunities are greatest.

Parents Fund gifts support:

  • Scholarship and financial aid, which attracts new and deserving students to pursue their studies
  • Faculty and curriculum development to continue building Niagara's legacy of providing academic excellence in the Vincentian tradition
  • Technology to equip students, faculty and staff to make important advances in all areas of study
  • Utilization of new and current buildings and maintenance of the physical beauty of the campus

Parents Fund gifts can be applied to:

  • The  Niagara Fund (please place my gift where it is currently needed most)
  • College of Arts & Sciences
  • College of Business
  • College of Education
  • College of Hospitality and Tourism Management
  • Athletic Department
  • Endowments
  • Library

Bridging the tuition gap and more

Full tuition covers only 75 percent of the actual cost of a Niagara education. The remaining 25 percent must be made up by other resources such as gifts from parents, alumni and friends of the university. The Niagara Fund is responsible for managing programs that will help generate this necessary support.

The deep interest and generous support of parents make a significant difference in helping Niagara maintain its position as an institution which offers a quality education to a diverse and deserving student population.

How will your gift make a difference?

Your gift will have immediate impact on the quality of education Niagara offers. Every gift to the Niagara Fund is important because it  builds participation. And that increased participation means that Niagara gets closer to reaching its goals!

Every gift  helps Niagara meet the needs of our student services, such as enhanced technology, laboratory and classroom equipment, special academic programs and seminars, and faculty development. Unrestricted gifts to the Niagara Fund provide the university with the flexibility to respond to current needs and priorities throughout the campus.

How can we make a gift to the Parents Fund?

If you are a Niagara parent or the parent of a Niagara graduate, we encourage you to join us by participating in the Parents Fund. Parents can respond to a student during our annual Phonathon or with the pledge card mailed during our Parents Fund appeal throughout the year. Please make your pledge using our secure Web site, htttps://www.niagaraalumni.com, or mail your check to:

The Parents Fund
Niagara University
P.O. Box 2008
Niagara University, NY 14109-2008

Thank you for your support! Your gift to the Niagara Fund is an important investment and will help support the Niagara community and make a difference for our students today and in the future.

For further information, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at  716.286.8778.