Niagara University encourages all men and women whose aptitude and demonstrated achievement in university or college give evidence of their ability to successfully complete the various university programs to apply for admission. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University welcomes all students, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or disability.
Application Fee - Online
- $30 paid via credit card.
Official Transcripts - Mailed
- Official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended in a sealed institution envelope.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university.
Three References - Online
- Three references (academic or professional).
Goal Statement - Online
- Goal statement of at least 500 words that answers the question, “How will this doctoral program in Leadership and Policy address my future professional goals?"
- *Please include your name at the top of this uploaded document.
Professional Resume - Online
- Uploaded resume, including all professional experiences relating to the intended field of study.
Professional Writing Sample - Online
An uploaded professional writing sample consisting of one of the following:
- Single author refereed journal or single author conference paper.
- Critical review of a book, article, video, etc. (750 words or more).
- Chapter of a graduate thesis or representative paper from a graduate class.
Testing Requirements - Mailed
Official scores from one of the following standardized assessments:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
- Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0/B may be required to attend an interview designed to examine the student's career goals, personal readiness for their program, multicultural sensitivity and awareness, personal judgment and decision-making skills, and/or provide a writing sample.
- A degree evaluation by WES (www.wes.org) is required for applicants who have obtained a degree outside of the United States or Canada. Please select the comprehensive course-by-course report.
- For individuals whose native language is not English, a language proficiency examination is required. Please visit www.niagara.edu/toefl-requirements for more information. Niagara waives this examination requirement for students scoring 600+ on the GRE/GMAT.
Graduate Education Office
Academic Complex, Room 225
Niagara University, N.Y. 14109