Niagara University encourages all men and women whose aptitude and demonstrated achievement in university or college give evidence of their ability to successfully complete the various university programs to apply for admission. Consistent with our Catholic mission, Niagara University welcomes all students, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, religious preference, sexual orientation, status as a veteran, or disability.
Application Fee - Mailed
- $30 check or money order made payable to Niagara University.
Official Transcripts - Mailed
- Official transcripts of all colleges and universities attended in a sealed institution envelope.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university.
Three References - Mailed
- Three references (academic or professional) in sealed envelopes with the referee's signature accross the seal.
- *The Ph.D. Reference Form must accompany each reference letter.
Goal Statement - Uploaded
- Goal statement of at least 500 words that answers the question, “How will this doctoral program in Leadership and Policy address my future professional goals?"
Professional Resume - Uploaded
- Resume, including all professional experiences relating to the intended field of study.
Professional Writing Sample - Uploaded
A professional writing sample consisting of one of the following:
- Single author refereed journal or single author conference paper.
- Critical review of a book, article, video, etc. (750 words or more).
- Chapter of a graduate thesis or representative paper from a graduate class.
Testing Requirements - Mailed
Official scores from one of the following standardized assessments:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
- For individuals whose native language is not English, the TOEFL is required. For the internet-based TOEFL iBT we require a total score of 103 with scores of at least 23 in listening, 24 in reading, 28 in writing and 28 in speaking.
- A degree evaluation by WES (www.wes.org) is required for applicants who have obtained a degree outside of the United States or Canada. Please select the comprehensive course-by-course report.
- Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0/B may be required to attend an interview which will examine the student's career goals, personal readiness for their program, multicultural sensitivity and awareness, and personal judgment and decision-making skills and/or provide a writing sample.
Graduate Education Office
Academic Complex, Room 225
Niagara University, N.Y. 14109