OSPFR provides comprehensive services to Niagara University faculty, administrators and staff in all aspects of pre-award sponsored programs and foundation relations administration.
We will work with you by:
Providing information and communication on grant opportunities by:
- Subscribing to grant information sources on behalf of the university via various websites and email.
- Screening industry publications for grant opportunities and distributing that information to the appropriate faculty, administrators and staff.
- Maintaining information on funding sources and proposal development guidance.
- Meeting with faculty, administrators and staff regarding potential project ideas and conducting targeted research and funding source searches.
- Interpreting the policies and procedures of governmental and private funding agencies.
- Providing legislative updates about programs and trends affecting higher education or other relevant program areas at the university.
Coordinating a broad spectrum of proposal development items by:
- Maintaining a grants management database that functions as an on-campus routing, proposal development, tracking and award management system.
- Assisting in obtaining appropriate program guidelines, forms, templates and worksheets to help develop the application.
- Clarifying the potential sponsor's requirements for obtaining funding.
- Assisting faculty, administrators and staff members with developing appropriate proposal documents and budgets.
- Providing institutional data for inclusion in proposals, when required.
- Acting as liaison between the applicant, partners and funding sources, as appropriate.
Reviewing and coordinating proposal approval, submission and tracking to agencies and funders by:
- Evaluating all draft proposals to outside funders to ensure compliance with university policies, rates and other items.
- Ensuring routing and necessary approvals are in place prior to proposal submission.
- Obtaining any signatures as required by proposal guidance prior to submission.
- Developing letters of agreement and other contracts, as necessary for the proposals.
- Maintaining electronic and paper university files of all submitted proposals, contracts and grants awarded.
- Providing assistance in reviewing comments and preparing for resubmission in the event of rejected proposals.
- Submitting files in hardcopy or electronically on behalf of the university and as a delegated central point of contact.