Advisor and Committee
Pre Health Advisor
Dr. William Cliff is the pre-health advisor at Niagara University. He assists pre-health students at Niagara by providing guidance on qualifying, preparing and applying to professional schools. Dr. Cliff is a professor in the Department of Biology where he teaches a range of courses in the biomedical sciences. He is also a visiting professor at the University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences. He has been a member of Niagara's committee on recommendations for premedical and predental students since 1998 and has been the chairperson of the committee since 2004. He is a member of the National Association of Advisors for the Health Professions.
The committee on recommendations for pre-medical and pre-dental students is chaired by the pre-health advisor and is made up of the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, faculty, health professionals and other individuals chosen from the Niagara community. All recommendations for the pre-health students are written by this committee after consultation with appropriate members of the faculty. Pertinent information is also sought from the offices of the dean and the director of student activities. Information is also sought from others who may have a sound first-hand basis for appraising the applicant.
Members of the Committee
- William Cliff Ph.D. (chairperson) - pre-health advisor and professor of biology
- Peter Butera Ph.D. - professor of psychology
- Frances Crosby Ed.D. - associate professor of nursing
- James Delaney Ph.D. - associate professor of philosophy
- Roberts Greene, Ph.D. - professor of biology
- Nancy McGlen, Ph.D. - dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Christopher Stoj Ph.D. - assistant professor of chemistry
- David Bonnevie, DDS - dentist
- Robert Gawdawski, MD - physician