Internships And Volunteer Opportunities
There are a number of volunteer/intern/shadowing experiences available to NU pre-health students locally in the surrounding communities, towns and cities and regionally in Niagara and Erie counties and Western New York.
The examples listed below represent established relationships with local health care professionals who are strong supporters of our program and have provided ongoing opportunities for our students to gain experience/exposure to the health professions.
Community Medical Pharmacy (Niagara Falls, NY)
- Opportunity to shadow the chief pharmacist and to work part time
Osteopathic Training Program at Sisters Hospital (Buffalo, NY)
- Opportunity to observe resident training in osteopathic medicine and to interact with attending physicians, residents and medical students
Summit Pediatrics (Wheatfield, NY)
- Opportunity to shadow physicians and learn about pediatrics
Dental Care Associates (Wheatfield, NY)
- Opportunity to shadow dentists and learn about general dentistry
Gerber Small Animal Hospital (Niagara Falls, NY)
- Opportunity to shadow the veterinarian and to work part time.