President's Vision Statement
In my first six months as president, I listened carefully to many who accepted the invitation to meet with me. I am extremely grateful for the information, insight and conviction that everyone generously offered. As the new academic year opens, I now wish to offer the campus my own vision for the future of Niagara University.
This list begins and ends with the students in mind. The students are our vocation. We labor for their benefit. Personally, I thank God daily that almost all of my life's work has been among these young people. I thank God, too, that I'm privileged to work alongside each of you who care deeply for these young women and men.
I have entitled this statement I am making The President's Vision Statement because I wish to make clear that this is my vision, and not necessarily the collective vision of the NU community. I have strong hope, however, that we can forge this collective vision. Toward that end, I am announcing today that I am asking Niagara University to undertake a university-wide planning process. The process itself should begin this fall. My personal belief is that good planning requires good information, and that good information can only be received from those who are in the "front lines" of the organization. Therefore, the process will be designed in a manner which includes broad participation. I will send you more information on this during the fall semester.
For now, I think it is important that you know what is in my heart and mind as I begin my tenure as president. These are the goals that I hope to accomplish. I hope that many of you will recognize them, since many come from the conversations you and I have shared. More importantly, I hope that you would think about these goals, and find it in your heart to join me as we collaborate in meeting these challenges.
May God bless you and the work we will do together for the good of Niagara University.
Fr. Joseph L. Levesque, C.M.
President's Vision Statement
In my time as President, I wish to …
- See that our students receive a world-class education
- Strengthen the fiscal health of the institution
- Strengthen NU's Catholic and Vincentian character
- Improve the sense of community at NU
- Accept from the faculty and implement a new core curriculum
- Expand NU's offerings to new sites
- Bring new voices into institutional decision-making
- Support and build upon NU's proud athletic tradition
- Double our endowment from 30 to 60 million dollars
- Use resources of NU to improve local geographic communities
- Make clear to the world around us how good NU is
- Forge strategic alliances in the U.S., Canada, and abroad
- Ensure the quality of campus life for students and employees
- Strengthen our marketing and enrollment management strategies
- Mold students who will leave our institution determined to make a difference, and hopefully, always be of service to those most in need.