Programs A-Z Listings
Dr. Judith A. Merkle, SNDdeN
- (716) 286-8462
- Office Location:
- Dunleavy Hall
Dr. Judith A. Merkle is a Sister of Notre Dame de Namur from Cincinnati. She holds a MA degree from the University of Notre Dame, South Bend and a MA and PhD in Theology from the University of St. Michael's College, University of Toronto, Canada. Dr. Merkle teaches in both ethics and theology and has a special interest in the relationship between church and culture. Dr. Merkle is a full professor in the Department of Religious Studies.
- From the Heart of the Church: The Catholic Social Tradition. Liturgical Press, 2004. (Polish edition, forthcoming)
- A Different Touch: A Study of the Vows in Religious Life. Liturgical Press, 1998. (Italian edition, 1999) (Spanish edition, 2001.
- Committed by Choice: Religious Life Today. Liturgical Press, 1992. (Spanish edition, 1999) (Italian edition, 2000).
- “The World and Moral Theology” in Moral Theology for the 21st Century:
- Festschrift in Honor of Kevin T. Kelly (T and T Clark, forthcoming, 2008)
- "Searching for the Faith to do Justice in Modern Times,” in CatholicSocial
- Justice: Theological and Practical Explorations. Eds. Philomena Cullen,
- Bernard Hoose and Gerard Mannion. (Continuum, 2007)
- “Church, Culture and Social Carriers,” Papers from Expert Seminar on Catholic
- Social Teaching. Website, Centre for Catholic Social Thought. Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium.
- “Practicing Peace in New Places,” New Theology Review, November, 2006.
- "From Catholic Social Teaching to Catholic Social Tradition" in Theology and the SocialSciences. Edited by Michael Barnes.
- Proceedings of the College Theology Society. (New York: Orbis Books, 2001)
- "Social Ethics in the New Millenium," in Ethical Dilemmas in the New Millenium
- (1) Proceedings of the Theology Institute, Villanova University.
- Vol. 32. Edited by Francis A. Eigo, O.S.A. Villanova Pennsylvania. Villanova University Press, 2000.
- Sin in The New Dictionary of Catholic Social Thought, ed. Judith A. Dwyer. Liturgical Press, 1994, 883-888.