Rising Upperclassmen Room Selection
Apartment selections (NEW for 2015-16)
The selection orders resulting from this process will be emailed to the NU email address of the contact person from each group on the afternoon of April 10, 2015. This email will also include the date of the special selection and a schedule of designated selection times. Look for the selection order and selection schedule for the apartments to be published here on the Residence Life website. It is the responsibility of each group to consult their contact person to determine their selection time and order. All selection events will start on-time. Should you miss your selection time the next group in the selection order will be eligible to choose an apartment.
Upper-class (GRAD, SENIOR AND JUNIOR) single and double rooms
- Room selection will take place in the MPR. Students must bring their student ID to room selection and check in at the registration table prior to their lottery time.
- Students may choose to live with up to four students (two doubles or four singles). Students will be allowed to pull in roommates with the best lottery number. Please understand that if a senior decides to live with an underclass student, that group will be considered a mixed group and select rooms as per the schedule below. Groups with all senior students will select before a mixed group of seniors and juniors.
- Students should plan to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled lottery time. Lottery times are designated by rising class standing (admit date).
- Selection order is determined by class standing and best lottery number. For example, four rising seniors in a group would select rooms before three rising seniors and one rising junior in a group.
- If there is a tie in the number of students from the same class in a group, then the best lottery number determines the selection order. For example, if there are two groups of four rising seniors in each group, then the best lottery number in each group would determine the selection order.
- If you have a group that has one rising senior and up to three underclass students, you are allowed to participate in the senior selection times. Likewise, if a group has one rising junior and up to three rising sophomores, then the group would be allowed to participate in the junior selection.