Classes with a Service Learning Component
In order to accurately document required service learning projects for your official transcripts, the following policies must be adhered to:
- Projects can be arranged by contacting the Learn and Serve Office. Your professor or someone from Learn and Serve must approve any service learning projects not affiliated with the agencies listed in the community service booklet.
- Please adhere to the due date for service learning contracts (posted on the sidebar).
- All service projects must be completed and appraisals signed by the agency representative or site volunteer coordinator by the deadline: due date for signed appraisals (posted on the sidebar).
- Students will be responsible for contacting the agency regarding any missed service sessions due to illness, etc.
- Contact the agency representative, your professor, or the Learn and Serve Office with any questions or concerns you may have.
- If you need transportation, the Learn and Serve Office can provide that for you. After you are approved for your placement, you can apply for transportation online. If you are registered as having a campus parking permit you are not eligible for Learn and Serve transportation.
Learn and Serve has numerous service opportunities and can make suggestions for your projects. Please feel free to utilize our resources!
All of us in the Learn and Serve Office look forward to working with you. We hope your service experiences make a difference in your life as well as in the lives of others.