Learn and Serve Information for Students
As a Niagara University student, you'll be asked to participate in service through some courses, campus activities, clubs and sports. You are always welcome to participate in organized service programs and through individualized opportunities.
Service can be personally rewarding, it can help you to investigate careers, make professional connections, build your resume, and help make connections between classroom material and outside experiences.
Classes with a service learning component
Please bring information about your project and the organization it is affiliated with to your professor or the Learn and Serve Office for approval.
Once approved, a service learning contract can be picked up in the Learn and Serve Office.
You can select an organized service activity on the NUCAP calendar or contact the Learn and Serve Office. A log sheet to be signed and returned to Learn and Serve is available on the forms page.
Please contact the College of Education (located in the Academic Complex) at 716.286.8103 or email email@example.com
“Service-Learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities.” (http://www.servicelearning.org/what-service-learning)
The Learn and Serve Niagara Office will provide transportation to students who do not have a car on campus. Please go to the transportation page to sign up.
Community Service for clubs, sports, activities, or fun
- Check out the NUCAP schedule on the events calendar for organized activities.
- Check with your club officers to see if they have a project planned.
- Contact the Learn and Service office (716.286.8750).
- Contact Campus Ministry in LL Gallagher (716.286.8400) for additional service opportunities.
- Find your own service opportunity through campus contacts, family, friends, or your community.
- Be sure to complete the NUCAP One Day Activity Form or print a copy from the forms page to be filled out and returned to the Learn and Serve Office.
- Take a picture of yourself while serving as additional proof of your hardwork. Share your picture with the Learn and Serve team.
First, check with your coach to see if there are any preplanned service activities arranged through athletics.
You are always welcome to participate in any organized NUCAP activities and to contact Learn and Serve at 716.286.8750 to arrange a different activity.