TESOL Certificate of Advanced Study
Niagara University’s College of Education offers an 18 hour graduate credit TESOL Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) registered with New York State Education Department to educators holding a Master’s Degree and New York State Teaching Certification other than TESOL. The CAS would provide eligible completers with an initial TESOL certification. (12 credits in a foreign language is required before applying for certification). Foreign Language courses can be taken during CAS program.
Semester One: May 23 - June18, 2016
- Online EDU 578 Foundations of Bilingual Education and TESOL
- EDU 580 Language and Linguistics in the ESL Classroom
Semester Two: June 20 - July 16, 2016
- EDU 584 Content Area Methods for ESL Classrooms (Hybrid)
- EDU 588 Assessment of TESOL Student Learning
Semester Three: Sept. 6 - Dec.13, 2016
- EDU 792 TESOL Teaching Practicum (Hybrid) (120 hours working with ELL Learners in an elementary or secondary school setting)
- EDU 793 Professional Seminar (Hybrid)
- Tuition is at a 50% reduced rate of $1,000.00 per course. Total CAS cost is $6,000.00
- All hybrid courses are offered in school settings.
- Courses will be delivered online and hybrid (online and face-to-face delivery).
- DASA Training will be offered at no cost.
- Assistance in applying for TESOL Certification is available.
- Preparation course for ESOL Content Specialty Test is offered.
To register contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Registration deadline is May 1, 2016