When is the Program? What are the Due Dates?
When is the program?
The internships typically run from early June to mid-August. For specific information, contact Dr. Kevin Blair.
Below is the time line for the summer 2013 internships :
- Jan. 21, 2013, 11:59 p.m.: Application deadline for NU student (turn into Dr. Blair).
- Feb. 6-10: Interviews with applicants and selection of two interns.
- Feb. 15: Interviews with Shepherd Alliance coordinator (Fran Elrod).
- By Feb. 15-20: Acceptance emails sent.
- Feb. 20-24: Deadline for students to accept offer into the consortium.
- Late Feb - mid-March: Shepherd Alliance director conducts Q-and-A sessions via conference call, skype, or campus visit and will hold individual placement meetings with each accepted student.
- March 19 -23: Students and agencies notified of match.
- March 26- April 6: Students and agency representative schedule a phone interview.
- By April 8: Phone interviews complete.
- By April 11: Notify Shepherd coordinator if a match is not successful.
- April 30: Community Learning Agreement (CLA) due to Shepherd Coordinator Fran Elrod.
- Late April: Housing and transportation details submitted to school directors to distribute to interns.
- May 9-13: Conference calls to Consortium schools as needed to confirm details.
- June 7-9: Opening conference, most likely at Washington and Lee University.
- June 10: First day of internship at placement site.
- Aug. 2: Last day of internship.
- Aug. 3-4: Check out of housing and travel to closing conference.
- Aug. 8-11 : Closing Conference and Symposia (most likely in Little Rock, Ark.).
- Aug. 11: Travel home.
 PLEASE NOTE: In addition to completing the full summer internship, participation for the duration of the opening and closing conferences are mandatory, as well. Transportation from NU to the opening and closing conferences will be arranged.