What are the Goals of the Women's Studies Minor?
- To sensitize students to social distinctions based on gender, race, ethnicity, social class, creed and/or other conditions
- To engender among students an appreciation of diverse ways of understanding the world
- To use feminist theories as points of intellectual departure and critical inquiry
- To study the intersection of gender with race, ethnicity, class and culture
- To encourage students to act on values they form as they study the complex relationship between gender and social life