Faculty may refer students to the Writing Center by completing the Writing Center Referral Form. Simply complete the form and ask the student to present it to the tutor on duty. With the student's consent, the tutor will return the form to you, along with a brief report of his or her conference with the student.
Faculty who would like to request workshops on various writing-related topics for their classes may contact Martha Krupa, coordinator of OAS Tutorial Services, at 716.286.8075.
The links below provide a variety of useful information for faculty interested in supporting students' writing:
- Tips for Designing Effective Writing Assignments
- Strategies for Embedding Writing Support Across the Disciplines
- "Responding to Student Writing: 13 Ways of Looking at It" by Doug Hesse, Director of University Writing Programs and Professor of English, the University of Denver
- "The Concept of Control in Teacher Response: Defining the Varieties of 'Directive' and Facilitative' Commentary" by Richard Straub http://www.jstor.org/stable/358794
- "Teachers' Rhetorical Comments on Student Papers" by Robert J. Connors and Andrea A. Lunsford http://www.jstor.org/stable/358839
- "Language Acquisition at Niagara University" by Sharon A. Green, Coordinator of Instructional Services, Niagara University (2012)